Volunteer Code of Ethics for All Youth Rise Volunteers and Staff
- I agree to conduct myself according to the ethics of the institution I am serving.
- I will protect the classes of Washington state that are designated for protection that includes: sex, race & color, religion & creed, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity& gender expression, disability, veteran & military status.
- I will keep my commitment to meet with youth
- I will maintain good communication, contacting staff if issues or concerns arise
- I will complete reports on my meetings with youth
- I will participate in monitoring and support calls/contacts and survey requests
- I will model good behavior and standards
- I will provide a positive friendship with youth based on mutual respect and opencommunication.
- I will display stable and mature behavior.
- I will not engage in unlawful activity such as theft, drug or underage alcohol use.
- I will not engage in the use of alcohol or any mood altering medications while in thepresence of the Little.
- I will not engage in any romantic or sexual relationship with youth.
- I will not engage in sexual harassment.
- I will not knowingly engage in behavior that is harassing or demeaning.
- I will not exchange money or items/gifts with youth.
- I will not meet with youth after incarceration unless it is in an official agency role.
- I will notify the program administrators if there is a breach of the code of ethics
- I will notify the program administrator if I am considering leaving the program or unable to fulfill my responsibilities.
I understand that all information provided in this application is confidential, and only Youth Rise(Circle Faith Future) and the institutions where I volunteer have the right to review the information. Iagree not to release confidential information about the youth I meet unless requested by Youth Rise(Circle Faith Future) or the institutions in which I function. I understand that confidentiality must bebroken if there is a threat of danger to self/others, if the information is court ordered and signed by ajudge, if there is a case of suspected abuse, and in other cases as defined by law.